No one ever said pregnancy was a walk in the park, but a few little things can make it so much better for Mama and baby. So I teamed up with Happy Mama to bring you a fun mini ‘survival guide’ of making it through those 9 months with a smile on your face (most the time).
- A nutritious diet – Happy Mama is making it easy for busy mamas on the go to stay focused on their nutrition during these critical months. My favorite product is the Prenatal Gummie Vitamins, they taste like candy, but I know I am giving baby brother everything he needs for his development (DHA, Omega-3s, Choline, and Vitamin D)!
The Prenatal probiotic supplement has been another daily favorite of mine. I simply add one packet to my water in the morning and you would never even know it was in there! With 8 billion active cultures, it helps support the baby’s developing immune system, as well as mama’s. With a toddler in the house, this is definitely a must!
If you have other children, you will appreciate this next concept because you probably use these for your toddler, but now convenient organic nutrition on the go is available for you, as well! These nourishing fruit and veggie blends come in two flavors to take care of you and baby even when you are too busy to think about what’s for lunch (or your next snack)! Plus, these healthy and convenient treats are now even more convent to shop as they are now available at Target as part of the Made to Matter—Handpicked by Target™ product collection in the women’s health aisle.
2. The Perfect white Shirt – Number two on my list obviously isn’t as important as you and your baby’s health, but it makes mornings a lot less stressful. Everyone needs (at least one) good white shirt to wear. There are so many mornings I don’t know how to dress this new body, but I can always feel like myself in a good white shirt. There are so many ways to switch it up with leggings, jeans, blazers and accessories, you won’t feel like you are wearing the same outfit over and over again.
3. Quality Time with Your (existing) Family – FMK and I are really trying to make an effort to make every day count with Knox as our only child. We know things are about to change for him (and us) and honestly, it is a little bitter-sweet. Of course we can’t wait to meet baby brother, but a small part of me is afraid I am going to miss out on little things for Knox once baby gets here. I worry about how I will keep him entertained and stimulated when I am nursing and how he is going to handle sharing my attention. (He is kind of a mama’s boy these days.) All tips from you mothers out there are welcome!
4. A Good Skincare Routine – Like the rest of our bodies, our skin is going through a lot of changes, as well. It is so important to take care of your skin to prevent those hormonal breakouts and dark spots.
5. A Comfortable Pair of Flats – Last, but certainly not least – a good pair of flats are vital! Even on days when I need to dress up with a pair of heels for a few hours (or minutes), I have a trusty pair of flats in my bag. It is so important to take care of ourselves and not ‘over do it’ while our bodies are working so hard to create this little miracle.