In honor of tradition, and because I think it is fun, I am rounding up the best of 2016! I use this to help plan out future content as this is the best way for me to see what you love and what you want to see more of. As always, please leave a comment or shoot me an email for request, comments or just to say hi!
1. The most traffic on any page is our interiors landing page, Harper at Home, you love decorating and entertaining as much as I do so I am so excited to continue to grow this category in 2017! If there is anything specific you would like to see (tips, tricks, storage, kid-friendly, etc.), please comment below!
Keep reading after the jump for the full list!
2. Your single most favorite post was the Hatch Baby Changing pad! I love sharing innovative products with you guys so I will keep my eyes and ears open to find the next best things to share in 2017!
3. Our little mini series on The Design Network was a big hit, as well. I love creating videos for you and since it is the best way to truly see a space, I plan to do a full home tour this year for you! We are waiting for an exclusive on some print images before we can share more, but as soon as we can, I can’t wait to invite you back into our home (including before and after images)!
4. The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide was a huge hit this year! I am so happy to help you tackle your holiday shopping list and we will continue to bring this to you for the holidays as well as other major gifting seasons (hello, Valentine’s Day)!
5. It is no surprise that our kitchen reveal video made the top 5! The before and after was so huge and we were so honored to partner with our friends at Lowe’s on this project. It turned out better than I ever imagined and we have LOVED living in this space everyday. I am so glad you loved it, too!
6. You all were so kind when I opened up about the struggles of adjusting to life with two kids. I think it was refreshing to see that behind all the beautifully styled images, I am just a real mom with real life challenges. I hope to share more of these real mom moments with you in the coming year. They honestly take me the longest to write because I want everything to come out just right, but I do love hearing from you all after I get it published! I hope to be more consistent from an editorial calendar stand point in the new year and this is definitely a priority! Maybe now that we are out of the baby phase with Drew, I will be better about a schedule. (Heres to hoping!) (Lessons Learned was another favorite Mommy post this year!)
7. I love seeing all the variety in the top 10 post this year! This little blog started out as strictly personal style, but as my interest grew outside of sharing outfits, I slowly introduced new categories and have been so surprised and delighted by the support you have shown! I loved styling this blue and white summer table setting. Blue and white are a favorite color combo when it comes to decorating and entertaining so this was especially fun for me! (For the perfect pairing, check out this favorite berry cobbler recipe!)
8. I wasn’t even pregnant this year, but this maternity overall post continues to be a top traffic driver on the site. I love that maternity post continue to serve as inspiration even when I am not expecting.
9. Our fireplace update is one of my favorite things we have done to our home! It completely opened up our living room and gave the whole house a fresh and modern update.
10. Our final post in the Top 10 was How to Build a Timeless Wardrobe. This was inspired by you because I get this question a lot on the blog. I actually presented on this topic at a charity luncheon and I am thinking it would make a great video, as well. Stay tuned for more wardrobe tips like this one in 2017!
Also, not to be missed in 2016, we celebrated our 5 year blogging anniversaryy! I shared 5 blogging tips, 5 must have blogging tools + my top 5 blogging accomplishments!
When it comes to outfits here at HOUSE of HARPER, it seems you guys like it when I keep it simple! In addition to The Timeless Wardrobe post, your favorite outfits were: Jump to It, In the Trenches, Little White Dress + Neutral Layers.
And last, but certainly not least, I wanted to share my Top 5 Favorites that didn’t make your cut. Hey, we put a lot of work into the content we share each week and it was really hard to not include our favorites so we came up with this idea. 😉
Sullivan’s Island – Because how can you beat a trip to Charleston?!
Gingham Style – This is one of my all time favorite outfits / shoots. I can’t wait until the boys are old enough to go on family bike rides!
Pool Side – For obvious reasons. I mean, look at this little model!
Day to Night Dressing – this little back and white number is so versatile and it was my favorite thing I packed for New York Fashion Week!
Ringing in the New Year – Of course my final favorite involves sequins and confetti! How else would you end the year?!
A huge thank you to my two girls that make this site possible and amazing, Kate Robinson + Isa Martinez! I couldn’t do it without you! You make every day fun and keep me inspired! Here’s to another great year! xo